How to update WordPress Themes ( FTP Recommended Method )
Please make a backup of the existing theme before continuing for best practice. This method is recommended for users fluent with FTP applications.
1. Login into your Themeforest account and go to downloads (Dashboad > downloads)
2. Download the theme into your computer. ( Click downloads buttons and download ‘All files & Documentation’ )
3. Unpack & Refer to Changelog.txt file.
4. Install an FTP program if you don’t have one (Filezilla is free)
5. Retrieve your FTP login information from your hosting admin panel and login into your hosting via FTP
6. Locate theme.zip (eg : rsw.zip) and unzip it. ( this file is inside the download pack.’ )
7. Drag and drop files mentioned in Changelog.txt file using FTP program with the destination : “WORDPRESSROOT FOLDER/wp-content/themes/”
8. FTP program will give a warning that there are existing files/directory by the same name, choose replace all.